How do I start my own cleaning business from scratch?
There are seven steps to starting a cleaning business from scratch:
- Conduct market research and see the types of services your competitors are providing. Assess their weaknesses, the budget of their services, and the points that you think are weak.
- Working on accumulating funds for your cleaning business. You can take loans from the bank, or if you’re ready to get your hands dirty and evolve your business step by step, bootstrap.
- Choose the type of clients you want to cater to. Domestic cleaning services are easier, but the pay is a bit less. Commercial cleaning services are more lucrative but require qualified professionals.
- Decide from the very beginning the types of service you want to provide and stick to them. Don’t diversify your services at the beginning. Your aim is to develop a specialty in one particular task and gain recognition in the market.
- Plan the budget for each cleaning service you offer. Consider the supplies, the transportation, and your expertise when setting the budget.
- Go through the business registration process to get licensed. It will make your business legitimate and allow you to operate within the legalities of cleaning services.
- Get your listings up on the website and find your first clients. Make sure to get referrals and references when getting started; they will help you get clients fast.