Alternative job titles that can be used instead of “janitor” depending on the context and level of formality. Here are a few examples:
- Custodian: This is a more formal term often used to describe someone responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of a building or facility.
- Housekeeper: This term is often used to describe someone who performs cleaning and maintenance duties in a private residence, hotel, or another similar setting.
- Environmental services worker: This is a more specific term often used to describe someone who works in a hospital or healthcare setting and is responsible for maintaining a clean and sterile environment.
- Facilities maintenance technician: This term is often used to describe someone responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment and systems in a building or facility, including cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Cleaner: This is a more general term that can be used to describe someone who performs cleaning and maintenance duties in various settings, including private residences, commercial buildings, and public spaces.
Ultimately, the choice of job title will depend on the specific context and the level of formality required.